Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The New Year Should Start with Groundhog Day...

Not really, but I just had the idea to start this blog last night, and seriously can't remember everything I've had out of the library since a mere month ago, so I'm starting with stuff out as of yesterday.

Before we start discussing library items, a wee little background...

While I've somewhat tried in the past, I've never really been a "regular" at the usual haunts, no bars, no coffee shops, etc. This all changed a few years ago when I realized I had become a regular somewhere. I finally had my own Cheers. Only this was at the local library. That's right,  I hang out at the library. One of the selling points when I bought my house was that I could walk to two different libraries if I chose. And, believe it or not, I still haven't been to one of them. However, I work on the South Side of Pittsburgh, so my Carnegie Library branch of choice is the South Side branch. I try to go at least once a week, although I certainly have been there multiple times some weeks, and have skipped a week or two due to weather I don't walk to in, etc.

With this blog, I hope to have fun and share some of my likes and dislikes in both the literary and audio/visual worlds, as found at the library. And, God help me, I will actually update this for a least a year, or my blog title will be a lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment